This August for SALA, join me in a relaxed 4-week printmaking party!
All you have to do is turn up! The hard work is done. Just bring your desire to learn how to create. I love to see your confidence bloom as the realisation takes hold that you can be creative.
Over the four weeks together we unpack and explore the not-so-expected elements of printmaking.
Where is the party happening:
Haines Road, Tea Tree Gully
When does the fun start:
Saturday 6 August | 10.00am – 12.30 pm for 4 consecutive weeks.
Suitable for beginners, 15+ years.
Workshop Fees: $390.00 plus booking fee
Includes all materials and a goodie bag. Money is not refunded for lessons that are missed.
Learn foundation skills applied in printmaking through a range of methods and techniques which include linocut and monoprinting. Explore safer printmaking practices, working on your art projects at your own pace, while preparing relief plates ready for fine art printing. For beginning and experienced artists.
As a participant you will enjoy a journey of inky creative smorgasbord treats;
- Designing and drawing your image
- The best methods for safe and efficient carving to make a long-lasting and a reusable printmaking block
- Experiment with other printmaking methods like monoprints, stencils, and embossing
- Be guided to create a ‘stress-free’ multi-color print
- Explore textures and non-traditional mark-making
- Learn about your tools, blocks, and inks so you continue with your creative play long after the workshop finishes.
Once your design is complete, you can print it on greeting cards, mini fabric banners, tea towels [who uses these?], recycled paper, or even run a small edition. You’ll get to take your printing block and prints home to keep honing your lino skills.
What you will get in class
- Super fun and relaxed introduction to relief printmaking and resources to keep learning!
- Everything you need to print and create.
- Your own limited editions of prints. Keep the plates and stamps and print more at home!
- Light refreshments
- Unlimited access to student only resources
- A certificate of completion
- Comprehensive workshop notes
What to bring: Clothes you don’t mind getting dirty! Everything else is provided!
The nitty-gritty and all the finer important details.
Workshop participants are required to pay their workshop fees in full to secure their space.
If the complete workshop is cancelled/postponed: full refund.
Change your mind on attending the workshop, 30 days prior to start day. That is okay, everyone has things that come up that require you to drop everything. I have a no questions asked policy with a full refund, minus a 5% admin fee.
Changed your mind a week out from the commencement of the workshop, you will receive a 50% refund on the workshop fees.
Withdrawal fully 24 hours of workshop day or a no-show: no refund will be issued if there is no-one on the waiting list.
Miss a workshop session. I always, do my upmost to ensure you do not fall behind. I have an open studio session weekly, in which you can attend to catch up.
COVID-19 TICKET TERMS:
The following terms will apply to each person who holds a ticket for this 4-week printmaking party, including the person who has made the relevant booking, and each guest:
You are not to attend our printmaking party if:
- you are suffering any symptoms of disease caused by the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19);
- you have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 7 days;
- you believe that you may have been exposed to or may test positive for COVID-19;
If you cannot attend a printmaking session by reason of this clause, please contact Sally prior to the event to discuss refund options.
In the case of any person present at the printmaking studio for the relevant event testing positive for COVID-19 or is suspected to have COVID-19, your personal information (and that of your guests) may be used and disclosed for the purposes of contact tracing.